C Shivakumar

PMAY housing costlier by Rs 2 lakh for beneficiaries in Tamil Nadu

This has forced beneficiaries under PMAY to approach moneylenders or relatives to deal with the increase in cost of construction.

16 Nov 2018

GIZ boost for Chennai's Buckingham Canal

Though the canal was primarily constructed to transport goods from Vijaywada to Madras, the canal helps manage floodwaters.

16 Nov 2018

Housing department to woo Rs 1 lakh crore worth projects at GIM

Interestingly, this also comes as housing department is wooing investors to finance the Shelter Fund, which is a social impact fund with lower rate of returns.

15 Nov 2018

TN housing department to woo Rs 1 lakh crore worth projects during GIM

Housing sector has already wooed Rs 25,000 crore worth of projects which pertain to setting up of townships, large scale housing projects, IT parks and special economic zones.

14 Nov 2018

Tamil Nadu to frame guidelines for fire safety in hospital buildings

Various departments to meet on Wednesday and decide action plan

13 Nov 2018

Hyundai to invest Rs Rs 7,000 crore in Chennai plant, bring out electric car in 2019

Passenger car maker Hyundai is planning to surge ahead of its rivals in introducing an electric car in the Indian market in 2019 by investing Rs 7,000 crore in expanding its facility in Chennai.

13 Nov 2018

National Institute of Urban Affairs to set up urban observatory

The project is not government-driven but it will be supported by the state government, he says.

10 Nov 2018

Army welfare housing organisation given 15 days to register ongoing project in Coimbatore

The project consisted of 32 small family apartments, 64 modern apartments, 96 deluxe apartments, 32 superdeluxe apartments, 48 luxury apartments and 128 row houses.

10 Nov 2018

DTCP on mega campaign to regulate unplanned development

It is learnt that only a meagre 5 per cent area in Tamil Nadu has a master plan while the growth is unplanned and thus haphazard in the rest of 95 per cent area of the state.

08 Nov 2018

Chennai's comprehensive mobility plan to be ready in six months

Sources told Express that CMP aims at integrating land-use and transport planning.

06 Nov 2018

Regularisation: More than 52,600 unapproved layouts registered in Tamil Nadu

As the regularisation scheme comes to an end, now there will be no unapproved layouts or plots in Tamil Nadu and if there are any they have to be approved following due process.

04 Nov 2018

Chennai: CMDA to move SC over compensation for land owenrs under Outer Ring Road project

With only two per cent work remaining for the project to be completed, the move will further increase the burden on financial exchequer besides delaying the project further.

04 Nov 2018

2.85 lakh records of HR&CE land in Tamil Nadu government database

Official sources told Express that 60 to 75 per cent of land records belonging to HR&CE department have been tallied with Tamil Nilam database.

03 Nov 2018

Tamil Nadu: Combined Development Regulations and Building rules set to be enacted following revised draft

The state government has increased the Floor Space Index (FSI) for special buildings, which was not considered in the earlier government order, to 2.

02 Nov 2018

Two-hour clamp on bursting crackers: Is it enforceable in Tamil Nadu?

Tamil Nadu has to enforce the verdict of the Supreme Court by implementing the two-hour cracker schedule on more than five crore people during Deepavali on November 6.

01 Nov 2018