Professional Scrum Master Training
By Online MI | Published: 16th May 2017 06:54 PM |
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Training is a 2-day instructor-led course and workshop that is conducted by KnowledgeHut to educate the students on the adoption of the Scrum methodology and the Agile method of project management.
This instructor-led training workshop, conducted by industry experts, is designed to cover the principles and processes of the Scrum framework, along with the role that the Scrum Master plays in the project.
Over the span of 2 working days, students do not just learn the theoretical aspects of the Scrum methodology, but also on how to apply the learned Scrum strategies in their regular project work and project planning.
The course provides a distinct advantage for students aspiring to become Scrum Masters, along with the shift towards the following modes of project management practices:
- Servant-leadership practice, which concerns with the practice of facilitating team effort without task allocation, and team coaching on the effectiveness of Agile methods.
- Behaviour shifts of project roles in an Agile environment, including the concepts of self-organizing teams, decentralised decision making process, and continuous improvement.
Instructors of this 2-day Professional Scrum Master course present real-life project cases and provide hands-on practical experience of the Scrum framework on real projects, thus providing practical benefits to the students, other than simply learning from a few presentation slides.
Listed below are some of the benefits that students can gain by completing this workshop:
- Gain or validate one’s knowledge depth of the Scrum practice and its practical application, along with that of the Scrum framework and Agile manifesto.
- Develop an understanding of the role played by the Scrum Master in the self-organizing and cross-functional Scrum teams, and learn how Scrum teams are different and more efficient than traditional forms of development teams.
- Gain an insight into the tools and methods that Scrum Masters use to guide and coach Scrum teams through self-help and collaboration.
- Learn about the specific skills and abilities of the Scrum Master, and how they are different from traditional project managers or team leads.
On successful completion of this PSM workshop, students are qualified to attend the Professional Scrum Master level 1 (PSM 1) assessment that is conducted by the Scrum.org training and certification organisation.
It is advisable that in order to gain the maximum benefits of this course, students must have a basic level of industry experience working in Agile environments and Scrum projects. Students, who are aspiring for Scrum Master roles or for advanced knowledge of the Scrum methodology, are ideal for attending this course.
Typically, students with the following job designations are eligible to benefit the most from this 2-day course:
- Project managers
- Project team leaders
- Information technology managers
- Product managers
- Business or domain analysts
- Software architects
- Software developers or programmers
- Software quality testers
Focus of the PSM training course
Through a balanced mix of classroom and workshop modes of training, this PSM course conducted by KnowledgeHut will enable its students to:
- Develop a complete knowledge of Scrum and its practical applications.
- Implement the Scrum framework in your organisation’s project work, or elevate the efficiency of the Scrum methodology if you are already working in an Agile environment.
- Initiate and develop a Scrum event.
- Assign the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum project members to your team members in your organisation.
KnowledgeHut is a global REP (Registered Education Provider) for Scrum Alliance, a non-profit group that is committed to guiding individuals and organizations on the principles and values of Agile and Scrum concepts.
Additionally, KnowledgeHut is globally accredited by organizations including the Project Management Institute (PMI) to conduct professional training courses in project management methodologies. KnowledgeHut conducts multiple courses in the field of project management including Scrum and Agile management. With a team of over 500 worldwide, our instructors are industry experts in their specialized field and possess extensive experience in industry training methods. Having completed the successful training of over 30,000 students worldwide, KnowledgeHut has received a high approval rating of 4.75 out of 5 from students.
Students, who complete this course, are awarded with 14 PDUs (Professional development units) and 14 SEUs (Scrum Educational units) from PMI and Scrum Alliance. On achieving 70 SEUs, the student is designated with the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certificate that is issued by Scrum Alliance.
Having enrolled in excess of 870 students, this classroom-led PSM training course by KnowledgeHut comprises of regular exercises in Scrum framework concepts, along with innovative and practical hands-on sessions for a clear understanding and practical knowledge of Scrum principles.