An accidental fire broke out in an area storing plastic waste at Marugondanahalli in K R Puram on Sunday.
The area also had a godown, which also caught fire. Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot, and after a six hour operation, the fire was doused completely. It is estimated that goods worth around `10 lakh were gutted in the fire.
According to police, the incident took place at around 2.15 pm and eight fire tenders were pressed into service after receiving the call. Plastic goods were dumped in an open space spread across two-and-a-half acres that caught fire. Smoke engulfed the area making it difficult for the personnel to fight the fire. The reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained. The police said the land belonged to one Annayyappa, who passed away a few years ago.