How to practise
- Sit in a comfortable place with your back and head straight.
- Bend your knees and bring your right and left foot towards your groin
- Soles of both feet should touch each other, in contact with groin
- Push your knees down towards the floor, keeping thigh and calf together. Hold both feet with your palms
- Stretch spine upward, open chest and tuck your abdomen in
- As you exhale bend from your lower back
- Place your chest on your feet and chin on the floor
- Do not allow your buttocks to lift off the floor
- Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Inhale and come up
- Repeat the cycle four to five times
- Therapeutic for urinary tract disorders
- Keeps kidney and prostate glands healthy
- Keeps ovaries healthy, relieves menstrual pain and checks heavy menstruation
- Reduces sciatic pain and prevents hernia
- Relaxes heart and tremendously good for nervous system
- Makes spine flexible and strong
- It helps to channelise energy and connect upper body with lower body
- Corrects the posture and realigns rounded shoulders
- Relaxes middle and upper back muscles
Caution: Proceed slowly and follow the instructions step by step while performing the asana.
If you feel pain or discomfort at any time come out from the posture and resume the posture after you feel comfortable.
Grand Master Akshar
Akshar Power Yoga Academy, #4004, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar.