BANGALORE: Broken wheat upma is also known as godhuma rava upma in Tamil and dalia in Hindi. It can be categorised as a savory pudding and makes a wholesome breakfast.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 100 gm broken wheat
- 20 ml oil
- 5 gm mustard seeds
- 5 gm urad dal
- 5 gm channa dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Two green chillies slit
- 30 gm onions chopped
- 20 gm ginger chopped
- 50 gm broccoli florets
- 10 gm coriander leaves chopped
- Soak broken wheat for about two hours.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds crackle add urad dal, channa dal sauté and then add the green chillies, curry leaves and sauté it for few more seconds.
- Add chopped onions and chopped ginger, mix well and sauté again for two to three minutes.
- Strain broken wheat and add to the tadka mixture above, mix thoroughly, add enough water and salt, stir continuously till broken wheat gets cooked. Add the broccoli florets, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for one to two minutes.
- Check the seasoning and finish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Calories: 474 cal
Carbs: 62 g
Fat 22 g
Protein 12 g
Broccoli is loaded with essential nutrients, it also has therapeutic properties. It contains high levels of fiber (both soluble and insoluble) and is a rich source of vitamin-C. It also contains vitamin A, iron, vitamin K, B-complex vitamins, zinc, phosphorus and phyto-nutrients.