Fire at Parlour, None Injured

Published: 16th October 2014 06:07 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th October 2014 06:07 AM   |  A+A-


BANGALORE : An accidental fire broke out at a parlour in Sadashivanagar on Wednesday morning.

According to firemen, passersby noticed smoke emanating from the three-storey building, near Maruthi Circle, at 6.30 am and informed the police and fire personnel.

Eight fire tenders were pressed into service and the fire was doused in an operation that lasted for five-and-a-half hours.

No was injured in the incident. However, chairs and other goods worth few lakhs were gutted in the fire. The exact reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp