1. In which popular American quiz show are participants shown answers for which they have to guess the questions?
2. By what name do we know the Jagat Niwas Palace in Udaipur?
3. Which variety of coffee is named after a certain order of Franciscan monks because its colour resembles that of the robes worn by the monks?
4. At what temperature do the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales coincide?
5. Buzkashi, a popular national sport in Afghanistan, literally means grabbing what?
6. By what name was Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyyer Narayanaswami better known to the world?
7. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the world’s largest transparently operated private foundation, doubled in size with whose contribution in 2006?
8. Which politician appears in the film Mission Istanbul as himself?
9. Rakhal Das Banerjee is credited with the discovery of which ancient city in 1922?
10. In which Raj Kapoor film were the songs added after the film was completed?
11. Name the industry that was started about 150 years ago when Dr Archibald Campbell, a British civil surgeon, planted some seeds in his garden in India.
12. Which international film festival awards the Palme d’Or or The Golden Palm?
13. Which country traces its history to the Kingdom of Lan Xang or Land of a Million Elephants that existed from the 14th to the 18th century but was a French protectorate till it gained independence in 1949?
14. Which botanical garden was laid out by Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan?
15. For developing what medical technology did Paul Lauterbur and Peter Mansfield win the 2003 Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology?
16. Why is Kumartoli in Calcutta famous?
17. According to a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, which act by the ancient mariner brought disaster and ill fate on his crew?
18. Which tyre company is famous for its Red Guide travel book that awards stars to restaurants for their excellence?
19. The title of which play by Shakespeare is also a proverb?
20. In horse racing, a horse that’s yet to win its first race is known by which term that is also used in cricket?
2. Lake Palace
3. Cappuccino after the Capuchin monks
4. — 40 degrees
6. R K Narayan
7. Warren Buffett
8. Omar Abdullah
10. Boot Polish
14. Lalbagh, Bengaluru
15. MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan
16. It is famous for making idols for Durga Puja
17. He shot an albatross
19. All’s Well That Ends Well