BENGALURU: How to practise:
- Stand straight with feet together and hands by your side.
- Body weight should be evenly spread over heels and soles of both feet. Elongate spine while pulling your tailbone up.
- Focus the gaze in front with straight neck (Do not tense neck muscles). Instill the feeling of balance and positivity and hold for 15 seconds.
- Slowly shift body weight on left leg. With strong balance lift right leg up and hold your toe and gradually straighten your right leg forward with hips squared.
- Straighten and extend your left hand side ways. Focus your gaze for improved balance. Note that both knees should be kept straight. Soft and slow inhalation and exhalation throughout the move. Hold the posture for 30 seconds with good balance.
- Release the right foot and repeat the pose on the other side to complete one cycle.
- Perform 2-3 cycles.
Stretches hamstrings and hips
Strengthens calf muscles
A very dynamic move to raise balancing power
Prepares the pelvic muscles
Very good for strengthening the knees
Caution: People suffering from hamstring pull must avoid performing this asana
Grand Master Akshar Akshar Power Yoga Academy, #4004, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar.