BENGALURU: A major fire broke at plastics factory at Konanakunte Cross on Kanakapura Road on Saturday night. Fire officials said no casualties were reported till 1.30 am. Eighteen fire tenders and a ladder truck were called in to fight the blaze.
A fire official said fire broke out at Kalyani Polymers Pvt Ltd around 9.45pm and one of the employees alerted the Fire and Emergency Services Department. It had spread from the ground to first floor of the multi-storeyed building by midnight, the official said.
The official said chemicals used in the manufacture of plastic, which were stored in the premises, fuelled the fire. Fire tenders were not able to douse the blaze after fighting it for two-and-half hours.
DIG, Fire and Emergency Services, HS Revanna was supervising operations. A blast in a generator is said to have caused the fire. The damage to the property was not known. Subramanyapura police have filed a case against the factory and the building owner as it lacked fire safety measures. The owner had also not got an NoC from the fire department, officials said.