QUEEN’S ROAD: Akaash Ashok Kumar of Karnataka scored a two-game win over his teammate Vijay Punjabi in the Karnataka State-ranking Tenpin Bowling League, held at the BluO bowling alley.
In the championship match, second seeded Akaash Ashok Kumar won both the games and defeated the top seed 205-187 and 186-173.
Earlier, in stepladder match 2, second seed Akaash defeated third seed Parvez Ahmed (212-190) to reach the final. The stepladder round was played on ‘Challenge the Leader’ format where the lower-ranked player has to beat the higher ranked player in both games. In stepladder match 1, third seed Parvez Ahmed overcame the challenge of fourth seed Prem Kumar, also from Karnataka (175-166).
All the participants played four games in the first round and the top 28 bowlers and the top four women bowlers were selected based on total pinfall. In round 2, all participants played six games and the top 16 bowlers moved on to round 3, based on cumulative pinfall in rounds 1 and 2. The top four bowlers based on total pinfall in 16 games qualified for the stepladder round.
- Highest single game score: Abhishek Maheswari from Karnataka (264)
- Highest single game score (student category): Kishan R from Karnataka (211)
- Highest average in a 6-game block (men): Vijay Pujabi from Karnataka (201.33)
- Highest average in a 6-game block (women): Judy Alban from Karnataka (168.33)
- Maximum number of scores above 225: Vijay Punjabi and Babu Rudresh from Karnataka, and Vamsi Mohan from Andhra Pradesh (2 each)