Bengaluru: Toddler dies after swallowing balloon
By Express News Service | Published: 17th April 2018 04:46 AM |
BENGALURU: In a freak incident, a 2-year-old boy died after swallowing a balloon at their house in Hulimavu police station limits on Monday. The deceased Nawaz, son of Abubakkar Siddiq, is a painter at a construction site.
A senior police officer said that the incident occurred around 9.30 am when Nawaz was playing with a balloon filled with oxygen and his mother Reshma was in the kitchen. Meanwhile the balloon burst and he swallowed it. He fell unconscious from shortage of oxygen and was rushed to a private hospital where he succumbed. Hulimavu police were informed about the incident and the body was taken to Victoria hospital for the postmortem. The last rites were performed in the evening.
The deceased's father Abubakkar said, "I had left for work before the incident took place. My wife heard the sound of the balloon exploding and she came out immediately. But he had swallowed it by then. She even tried to pull it out from his mouth but did not succeed. Then she alerted the neighbours to take him to the hospital".