CHENNAI: A 29-year-old man was electrocuted when he touched a high-voltage overhead electrical line on the roof of an EMU train at the Chennai Beach station.
The deceased was identified as G Srikanth, a native of Gudivada in Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh.
Around 11. 55 pm on Monday, Srikanth allegedly climbed on to the EMU local train and touched the overhead electrical line.
On hearing his screams, passengers and railway employees rushed and found the man fighting for life with burns on roof of the train.
Power supply was immediately disconnected and the railway police and workers sent the man, who suffered 60 per cent burns, to the Kilpauk government hospital.
He was said to be in an inebriated condition.
After fighting for life for two days, the man succumbed to burns on Tuesday late evening.
The Chennai Egmore police have registered a case of accidental death.