Food Stuck in Windpipe Kills Four-year-old - The New Indian Express

Food Stuck in Windpipe Kills Four-year-old

Published: 05th January 2014 09:41 AM

Last Updated: 05th January 2014 09:41 AM

A four-year-old boy from Tirunelveli died here on Friday after the food he had consumed got stuck in his windpipe. Selvaraj, son of  Nagarajan and Bhagyalakshmi, was on a visit to his uncle at the Nandambakkam Military Quarters. 

The boy, who was fed by his mother, collapsed almost immediately after consuming food on Friday. He was rushed to the St Thomas Mount Military Hospital and admitted in the ICU. Selvaraj, however, failed to respond to the treatment.

The child’s body was handed over to the family who left for Tirunelveli to perform the last rites.  

From Around the Web