Four sanitation workers die of asphyxiation while cleaning septic tank in Delhi
By Express News Service | Published: 15th July 2017 04:36 PM |
NEW DELHI: Four sanitation workers, died after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning a rainwater harvesting tank at a private farmhouse. The incident in South Delhi’s Ghitorni area, was caused after the victim’s suffocated inside the tank, said police.
“We got a call around 10:43 am about four people unconscious after being pulled out by the fire department. They were unresponsive and any form of mask or protection was missing” said DCP South Delhi , Ishwar Singh.
Five men had entered the tank and were pulled out in an unconscious state by fire personnel after an hour.
The deceased were identified as Swarn Singh (45), Dipu (28), Anil (23) and Balwinder (32) who were declared brought dead. Three of the five workers were taken to the Fortis Hospital, while two were taken to the AIIMS Trauma Centre and the Safdarjung Hospital.