A cultural event turned into a tragedy when a hydrogen cylinder exploded on Saturday leaving one injured.
According to police, the victim, Sunil (30) and his assistant, Ramu, were called to distribute balloons to 50 children at Shalimar Function Hall in Ramkote where a children’s festival was in progress.
Narayanguda sub-inspector SK Sadiq said as the duo were filling up the balloons, the gas cylinder fixed to their bicycle suddenly exploded. While Sunil sustained burn injuries and was rushed to Gandhi General Hospital, Ramu escaped unhurt.
Locals noticed the mishap and alerted the police. Sunil’s condition is stated to be serious. “Leakage of gas most likely led to the accident. Cases have been registered against the organisers of the function,” police said.