'APPSC following rules in making appointments'
By Express News Service | Published: 07th June 2013 11:22 AM |
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) would fill up the posts notified by it only on the basis of merit, APPSC chairman C R Biswal told newsmen here on Thursday.
In an assertion in the wake of some media reports of alleged corrupt practices by a commission member, Biswal said that by and large every appointment and every procedure in the APPSC was being followed as per rules and in a transparent manner.
‘‘Whenever we get any complaints of discrepancies or irregularities, we are taking correction measures. Every effort is being made to reaffirm the trust and faith of the student community and the job aspirants in the APPSC,’’ he said.
On allegations that APPSC member Sitaramaraju was ‘selling’ jobs with a help of a female tout, Biswal said the APPSC had already lodged a complaint with the police in this regard. Clarifying that the interview process for lecturers to polytechnic colleges was not yet completed, he said the interviews had been postponed for a later date.
When asked if the members facing allegations would be suspended, the APPSC boss said that no action could be taken against anyone simply based on allegations. The charges had to be verified first.
Claiming that there was transparency in the filing up of the posts notified by the APPSC, its chairman said there were two procedures for the same. One was totally based on examinations and the second was based on examination and interview. “About 90 percent of the posts are now being filled without any interview. Interviews are being held for the remaining 10 percent, mostly by a single board. Only in the case of lecturers, multiple boards — 3 to 5 — are being used,’’ he said.
Ruling out anyone knowing details of who is interviewing whom, Biswal said the sealed envelopes would be opened by himself five minutes before the interviews, designating the board to the candidates to be interviewed at random. ‘’Knowing it before hand is not possible,’’ he reiterated.
On the issue of keys to the question papers of different exams, the APPSC boss said that after the examination, keys were released and taking into objections they were verified by a group of professors and revised keys were issued. If there were still objections, they were once again referred to the experienced professors and final keys were released.