Plastic materials and office furniture were gutted in a fire that broke out from a plastic company at Subashnagar in Jeedimetla police station limits here Saturday.
According to fire personnel, flames started billowing from the third floor of Satya Plastic Company at around 10.30 am and spread to other floors in no time.
The staff alerted fire service officials, who rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
Officials suspect short circuit to be the reason behind the mishap. The management of the company reportedly failed to follow all due procedures for fire safety.