Tonnes of gunny bags were reduced to ashes in a major fire mishap that broke out from a godown located at Jiyaguda locality here Saturday. No one was injured in the mishap.
Fire officials said, as many as three tenders fought with flames more than 10 hours, after which the situation was brought under control.
At around 4.15 am, locals noticed flames emanating from the godown near Gopi hotel and alerted the control room. Minutes after receiving information, fire tenders from Langerhouz, Chandulal Baradari and Gowliguda rushed to the spot and doused the flames.
Short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the mishap. In another incident, a hut, adjoining BSNL office, was completely gutted in Gowliguda Saturday.
The fire tender rushed to spot and put off the flames.