Electrical goods such as computer and refrigerator material were reduced to ashes in a major fire mishap that broke out from a godown early hours at Musheerabad here Monday.
Fire service officials suspect short circuit to be the reason behind the mishap. No casualties were reported. At around 1 am, locals noticed flames emanating from the Gajananda Enterprises godown located in a two-storeyed building near Raja Deluxe theatre.
Four fire tenders from Secretariat, Secunderabad, Musheerabad and Gowliguda rushed to the spot and doused the flames. “The fire officials fought the flames for more than two hours before it could be brought under control,” said central regional fire officer G V Narayana.
In another fire accident, as many as 40 huts were gutted at Hasmathpetkot in Narsinghi police station limits Monday. No one injured in the mishap and here too, short circuit seems to have caused the accident. Two fire tenders doused the flames.