One dead, 3 sustain burns in house fire
By Express News Service | Published: 14th September 2013 08:16 AM |
A 75-year-old person died due to suffocation and three others sustained burns in a fire that broke out in a house at Bhoiguda under Gandhinagar police limits here on Friday.
The deceased has been identified as V Lakshman, 75. His family members Moria 46, received 40 per cent burns while Navneetha and her husband Jhone also received burns. Around 4.30 am on Friday, fire broke out in a house while the victims were fast asleep. Smoke engulfed the house and flames emanated from the house. Lakshman died on the spot due to suffocation,’’ police said.
‘’Navneetha and Jhone came home late on Thursday night after attending a function. There was no power in the house at theta time. Navneetha lighted a candle and put it on the refrigerator. Later, they both went to sleep. The candle melted and the refrigerator caught fire,’’ police said. Police rushed to the spot along with the fire service and doused the flames. The victims were shifted to a hospital.