2 Injured in Vemulawada Temple Blast

Published: 11th March 2015 06:05 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th March 2015 06:05 AM   |  A+A-

 KARIMNAGAR: Two contract employees suffered burns when a boiler tube exploded in the kitchen of the famous Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy temple at Vemulawada in Karimnagar district on Tuesday. It is learnt that temple authorities had recently purchased two electrical water boilers from Sri Saimadan Enterprises, Hyderabad, to make prasadam like laddu and pulihora at the temple. On Tuesday, when the employees were preparing the prasadam, the boiler tube exploded due to heat, official sources said.

The two workers, S Tirupathi and Kashiram, escaped with minor injuries on their legs and hands. They were immediately shifted to a local private hospital where their condition is said to be stable.  Temple EO D Rajeshwar rushed to the spot and enquired about the incident.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp