3 medium size green raw mangoes
1 cup sugar
1 tblsp roasted cumin powder
Black salt to taste
2 cups of water
A bunch of mint leaves
- Place the mangoes along with water in a sauce-pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Simultaneously, you can pressure cook the mangoes with water till soft.
- Let them cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp with the help of a spoon.
- Grind mango pulp along with water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan take the pulpy mixture, add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Stir continously lest you burn the mixture.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder, black salt and salt.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- To make the drink : take a tall glass pour 1 -2 tblsp of the mango mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4 th. Now add finely chopped mint and crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.