Blast case: Acquitted persons want to lead a normal life

More than a decade-long jail term has left deep wounds in the life of retired head constable’s son Mohammed Khaleed.

Published: 12th August 2017 08:38 AM  |   Last Updated: 12th August 2017 08:38 AM   |  A+A-

image for representation only.

Express News Service

HYDERABAD: The narrow lanes leading to a small building at Moosarambagh in Malakpet wore a festive look on Friday morning. Huge crowds had gathered in front of the residence of ‘Master Saab’. A young boy served water to visitors with a wide smile and greeted them all. The 78-year-old, who retired as a Telugu teacher in a government school, was more than elated after his 34-year-old son Mohammed Zahed was released from Chanchalguda central prison after spending at least 12 years in connection with suicide bombing attack on Task Force office case as local court acquitted all ten accused.

“After being branded as a terrorist and spending 12 years in jail, I cannot recall the ordeal. The police and jail staff treated me an an ISI agent even when I was only an undertrial,” said Zahed, adding that he was extremely happy to be back home. “No one can bring me back the time that I spent in jail in a false and fabricated case,” lamented the 34-year-old.He was working at a private company after finishing Intermediate education after his elder brother Shahid Bilal, one of the prime accused in the 2005 old task force office suicide blast case, reportedly died in an encounter in Pakistan.

“After the 2005 bomb blast in city, I received a call from police asking me to come to SIT office. Minutes after I entered into SIT office, police took me to court and produced me before magistrate. Since then, it was only humiliation I have faced,” said Zahed. He said he was being targetted as he was acquitted in the case of BJP leader Indrasena Reddy’s murder conspiracy case.Zahed wants to lead his normal in setting up a small business to take care of his parents. 

Jail term leaves deep wounds in lives of other prisoners
Similarly, more than a decade-long jail term has left deep wounds in the life of retired head constable’s son Mohammed Khaleed. “When I was arrested by the police, I was tortured by different persons from unknown wings in connection with the case. I was let off on conditional bail. Later, police arrested me and sent to jail. When I was in jail, I fell in sick due to lung problem. It was unexplainable how I was faced difficulties after I got surgery and no one was took care of me,” said Khaleed. Another person, Syed Haji, who lost parents in his childhood, has grown up at his grand-parents home. “My prayers that I offered every day in jail saved me in the case. It was a nightmare in my life and I lost my valuable time at the young age. I will try to forget all my past and will go on to lead my life,” Haji said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.