Fire breaks out at discom sub-station, none injured

A fire broke out at the outdoor substation office of Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited(TSSPDCL) located near chief minister's camp office at Somajiguda on Sunday afternoon.

Published: 23rd April 2018 03:02 AM  |   Last Updated: 23rd April 2018 05:13 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A fire broke out at the outdoor substation office of Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited(TSSPDCL) located near chief minister's camp office at Somajiguda on Sunday afternoon.

The fire broke out at about 1 pm, in the section's office on the first floor of the building where old records and plastic cases of electricity reading metres were dumped. An electric short-circuit due to the bites of rodents is believed to have caused the fire.

There were only a few employees working on the ground floor and none were injured neither were any losses claimed by the department.

Incidentally, with the VVIP movement in that area owing to the visit of Chief Minister of Kerala, a fire tender was stationed at Paryatak Bhavan doused the flames within minutes.

"The damage could have been manifold if the fire tender were not present here at the time. There was very few personnel who were present at the time of the incident and there were no damages," said Parvateshwar Rao, Assistant Engineer of the Sub Station.

Three people rescued from residential fire

In what could have led to a fatal accident, a fire broke out at a residence in Banjara Hills locking up a senior-citizen inside.

The fire accident which was the result of an electric short circuit that led to the gas cylinder in the house to blast, immediately spread like a wildfire engulfing the two-floor house with smoke.

Three people were present in the house when the fire broke out at about 12 a.m on Sunday. All of the three were rescued from the house by the Fire Service department. "Due to the smoke, the doors of the house got locked. We had to rescue the three from inside the home," said D Mohan Rao, SFO, Film Nagar.

Md Sajid, the 65-year-old and owner of the house suffered minor injuries due to the accident. Two other tenants in the house were also rescued, informed officials.

Meanwhile, a neighbour of Md Sajid suffered leg fracture after hearing the blasts, panicked, and ran out of the house. The owner of the residence claimed a loss of value `2 lakh.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp