Fire at Shah Ghouse, two injured

A gas leak from the cylinders stowed away in the kitchen led to a fire accident at the popular restaurant Shah Ghouse in Gachibowli on Friday.

Published: 10th November 2018 09:57 AM  |   Last Updated: 10th November 2018 09:57 AM   |  A+A-

Fire

For representational purposes

By Express News Service

HYDERABAD: A gas leak from the cylinders stowed away in the kitchen led to a fire accident at the popular restaurant Shah Ghouse in Gachibowli on Friday. Two persons were injured in the incident that occurred at around 1 p.m. in the afternoon when there were a lot of customers in the biryani-house. The fire broke out following a leak in a ruptured gas pipe. The injured, Babloo and Shanthamma, work as helpers in the restaurant.  

The mishap exposed an important lacking in the restaurant’s fire safety measures. The absence of even a single fire extinguisher shocked the fires officials who plan on filing a case against the owners.“It was a relief that there was no blast. We were thus able to contain the fire within an hour. As a result we were able to prevent any further damage,” said assistant district fire-officer, GV Prasad. The restaurant was not equipped with even a fire extinguisher, he said.

“They don’t have a NOC or a fire extinguisher in their premises. We are going to prosecute them for this as per our procedure for regulations mandatory for restaurants to have in their premises. The police have already registered a case,” Prasad added.

Stay up to date on all the latest Hyderabad news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

facebook twitter whatsapp