One dead, 3 sustain burns in house fire - The New Indian Express

One dead, 3 sustain burns in house fire

Published: 14th September 2013 08:16 AM

Last Updated: 14th September 2013 08:16 AM

A 75-year-old person died due to suffocation and three others sustained   burns in a fire that broke out in a house  at Bhoiguda under Gandhinagar police limits here on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as V Lakshman, 75. His family members Moria 46, received 40 per cent burns while Navneetha and her husband Jhone also received burns.  Around 4.30 am on Friday, fire broke out in a house while the victims were fast asleep. Smoke engulfed the house and flames emanated from the house. Lakshman died on the spot due to suffocation,’’ police said.

‘’Navneetha and Jhone came home late on Thursday night after attending a function.  There was no power in the house at theta time. Navneetha lighted a candle and put it on the refrigerator. Later, they both went to sleep. The candle melted and the  refrigerator caught fire,’’ police said. Police rushed to the  spot along with the fire service and doused the flames. The victims were shifted to a hospital.

comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer: We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the NIE editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.


Read More



follow us Mobile Site iPad News Hunt Android RSS Tumblr Linekin Pinterest Youtube Google Plus Twitter Facebook