School Van Catches Fire; No One Hurt
By Express News Service | Published: 14th February 2014 08:09 AM |
The Omni van of a private school at Parasala near here caught fire on Thursday. Two children who were in the van had a miraculous escape.
The incident occurred at about 9.15 am near Keezhathottam at Parasala when the van was on a trip collecting children. The two students in the van were Abhijith B Nair and Aswajith B Nair, children of Binoy and Ramitha couple of Aswathy, Muriyathotam, Parasala and students of Bharathiya Vidhya Peetom.
There was not much children in the van as it was the second trip. Usually, there used to be five children in the van but at the time of mishap there were only two. Police said that the parents of the two children noticed sparks under the van and raised the alarm. The driver stopped the vehicle and locals pulled out the two children from the van. The vehicle was badly damaged in the fire. The blaze was put out by the local residents by the time the Fire and Rescue Services personnel reached the spot.
The reason for the fire is yet to be ascertained.