I have one question for you, what does this life mean to you?
This question had to be the obvious winner for this week's conversation. I was not only perplexed, but also realised that I have to be spellbound to answer this question. Reason being...this query was highly introspective & equally challenging at the same time. We all have different views, perceptions, experiences and exposure levels which either creates, destroys or alters our belief systems. We constantly learn, un-learn and re-learn and in the process also attach different meanings to life which itself becomes our belief system. In my opinion, your ideals, principles and beliefs give you a purpose and meaning to your life. So here's what this life means to me, which are also my Mantras for Living a fruitful life.
This life to me...
● Is a chance to prove to the world what you believe in.
● Is a chance to take the right decisions based on your conscience and stick by it.
● Is a chance to prove that you can set an example and STILL lead a wonderful life by being humble, simple & genuine
● Is a chance to bring a smile on as many faces as you can, while at the same time meaning it genuinely.
● Is a chance to be happy with yourself first, no matter what and also keep others happy.
● Is a chance to prove to the world that PASSION surpasses CERTIFICATION,
● Is a chance to prove to people that it's not the AGE that matters... But the MILEAGE (Experiences)
● Is a chance to learn till we breathe our last, as we learn till the very end.
● Is a chance to understand the fact... Never overestimate yourself, and never underestimate others.
● Is a chance to make every individual aware of the hidden potential that they possess.
● Is a chance to prove that Humanity comes first and then comes materialistic pleasures.
● Is a chance to serve as many people as you can unconditionally.
● Is a chance to experience the happiness that you can create in others which in turn gives you a great deal of it.
● Is a chance to let my Inner Child out, Irrespective of how people want to judge me.
● Is a chance to be an Independent support system for others to the best of my capability & capacity,
● Is a chance to understand karma and ensure that I do good to as many as I can.
● Is a chance to show people that you should never forget your roots, no matter how great or big your achievements are.
And mainly is a chance to LEAD a LIFE not FOLLOW IT!
I can go on, but this should do to make your understand what life means to me Adarsh Basavaraj The Coach
My father committed suicide four years ago. He was a government employee and now I have his job. I am in the final year of college. Should I pursue higher studies or settle for the job?
First, continue with your job, don't give it up. Then, my honest advice to you would be to somehow clear your degree. Then you can pursue a reputed distance education course, and once you clear it, you can always show your experience and post graduation and try for a good job. You resign from your government job only after getting a offer letter from a good company. You can't blame yourself for anything , especially a person's death, it's all destiny and no one has control over it. So don't worry, focus on what I've said and become successful
My best friend and I had a clash a week ago and he is not talking to me and has threatened to beat me up. I am depressed. What should I do?
Hold on, fights are a part of life. In fact, it makes your relationship stronger. Since you haven't told me the details of the clash, the first step would be to apologise irrespective of who's fault it is. I say this since you really treasure your friend, and have angered him to the tune of hitting you. Secondly, always remember anger is like a hot iron rod, you need to allow it to cool down to be able to touch it. So give it time. Don't worry, maintain relationships, it's very hard to find good people nowadays
I'm pursuing BTech second year. I was confused whether to stop after BTech and try for a job or to continue for MTech via GATE. My parents have been supporting me. Plaecements are scarce in my branch though. I'm in the top 10% of college
Well, I am pretty impressed about you being in the top 10 and also your parents being supportive. Since you have a lot of potential, I would suggest you take up MTech via GATE and do well. My honest advice is please prepare well and don't get distracted by other trivial temporary pleasures. It always is better to have a Master's.
Rock On! Hope this helps
I'm having a tough time. I am way too sensitive and I just go on insane when friends fight with me. How do I overcome this and control myself? Emotionally Challenged
I completely understand what you're going through, and it's OK. I want you not to get worked up. In fact you should be happy that you're gifted with higher emotional intelligence. Let's look at this the other way. Have you realised that since you're highly sensitive, you also have the ability to find out if a person is happy or sad just by looking at their face? Also, your friends love the care and concern you show towards them I'm sure. So here's my advice to you, stop getting attached to everyone equally. You're not GOD. Highly sensitive people tend to get attached to everyone and get hurt even more when they are not returned with the same feelings. Identify the most close friends and only get attached with them
I want to became an IAS officer. What should I do for getting the top rank? IAS Aspirant
Becoming an IAS is not a joke. I'm not discouraging you, but you'll need to leave everything and put in a minimum of 16 hours of studying everyday. If you can mange that and take a break and focus, then go ahead. Also it's very tough as you need to clear prelims then the mains, then finally have a final interview. So in order to do this, you practically need to disconnect yourself from everyone, no mobile phone, no chats, no calls. Join a good IAS Coaching Institute nearby. Remember all you'll get to do is sleep, eat, study, repeat . If you can handle this. All the best!
Every motivational speaker talks about working on your dreams. But how to find a dream?
I'll help you figure this out. When we speak about a dream or ambition, we basically are referring to the activity, subject or in simple your interest that really gives you that JOSH! In my case bringing a smile on people's face really gives me JOSH. It helps me sleep peacefully thinking that I've made use of my life for the betterment of others. So I've followed my dream of being a life coach, mentor and support system to people around. In the same way you'll definitely be interested in something, pursue that and you'll he successful is what we mean. It's OK if you don't have a goal or ambition as of now, just go with the flow, you'll figure it out eventually
I am in class twelfth and I am used to memorising. Now I find it difficult to study. Please help
In my experience, people who memorise are generally the ones who have outstanding grades but have a very tough time when it comes to developing actual skill sets.It's because you have conditioned yourself to memorise, but not actually understand what you're writing. So your learning is not really happening. So you'll need to pull up your socks now. Read and understand the actually gist of the topic. Then write the answer in your own words. Not exactly word to word that's printed in the text book. Make a list of the main words (keywords) and form your own sentences and frame your own sentences. To remember the keywords, write and practice
How to move on from your past love life?
No Moving on
Overcoming a breakup isn't very easy. But not impossible too. I'll tell you how I did it:
1. Remember that there are plenty of fish in the sea, she's not the only girl. You'll find another soon, maybe someone better. Having a girlfriend is not a priority, becoming successful and having a stable career is
2. I'm not at all saying who is bad or good, but remember that she wasn't lucky to have you. And there's a girl who's praying for a guy like you and might meet you soon
3. Start meeting your friends, socialising with new people, basically distract yourself from this thought. The more you are alone, the more you tend to brood over this Finally, remember whatever happens, happens for the best