LOS ANGELES: Celebrity chef Kate McAloon, who worked for former couple Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, says the actress and singer followed a very strict diet consisting mostly of vegetables.
Paltrow and Martin, who announced their split in March 2014 after 10 years of marriage and formally divorced in July 2016, had removed sugar and dairy from their diets, reports news.com.au.
McAloon said: "When I first started cooking for Gwyneth and Chris, it was when she was doing the first 'Iron Man' movie. I had a brief from their assistants... they eat nothing. They are very strict. They avoided any sugars, anything sweet, no dairy, just more vegetables."
But after some time working for Martin and Paltrow, who used to follow a macrobiotic diet, McAloon began to add more ingredients and flavours to their meals.
"When I got there, I was trying to stick to the brief and I realised as I started adding more ingredients in, they said 'Your food is getting better'. That's what happens when you eat more than grass," she said.
McAloon has cooked for a number of A-List celebrities, including Miranda Kerr, Steven Spielberg and Courteney Cox. She says her success is down to the fact that her food "tastes good and is healthy".
Kerr was her least fussy customer.
"Miranda's great. She walks the talk... she really does eat like she says she does. I met Miranda when she was with Orlando (Bloom). They both love my curries, light chicken or vegetarian curries with coconut, as well as quinoa, salmon and vegetables.
"I do a chicken salad with a lot of fresh herbs and chia puddings for breakfast. She tries not to eat anything with chemicals, no rice, just the lower GI carbs. But she has the 80/20 rule that she sticks to... So, eating healthily 80 per cent of the time and having a treat the other 20 per cent," McAloon added.