Bejoy Nambiar opens up on Solo climax change
By Express News Service | Published: 11th October 2017 10:59 PM |
The climax of the recently-released Solo, starring Dulquer Salmaan, was changed without the director’s consent.
Bejoy Nambiar wrote on Twitter, saying he stood by the film he made. Speaking about the recent developments on the issue, he says, “I know who did all this, but I don’t want to reveal it now and make the whole situation uglier. The film just released last week, and I appeal to everybody to let it breathe for some more time.”
For all those asking about the changed ending. It has been done without my knowledge and consent.Good or Bad I stand by the film I made.— Bejoy Nambiar (@nambiarbejoy) October 8, 2017
Bejoy hopes to change the climax to the original version. “I am quite optimistic and trying my best to retain whatever I had gone with. Dulquer’s Facebook post was encouraging and I don’t have enough words to thank him. It says a lot about his upbringing!”
'Solo' review: One horrible twist almost ruins a fulfilling film experience
Reports in several sections of the media have speculated that the change was due to audience’s dislike for how Rudra’s story ended.
Abraham Mathew, who had produced the film in Malayalam, told a publication that the only reason behind this move was to “show respect towards the audience’s opinions.”