Sticky date cake
By Monish Gujral | Express News Service | Published: 13th January 2018 10:00 PM |
● Seedless dates: 150 gm
● Flour: 150 gm
● Brown sugar: 150 gm
● Butter: 40 gm
● Baking soda: One tsp
● Egg: Two
● Boiling water: 1/2 cup
● Baking powder: Two tsp
● Brown sugar: One cup
● Butter: 100gm
● Cream: 3/4 cup
● Cognac: Two tsp
● Put the chopped dates in half cup boiling water, stir for two minutes. Add baking soda and heat till all the water is absorbed.
● Beat eggs in a bowl and add all ingredients of the cake and mix well with an electric blender
● Now add the dates
● Pre-heat the oven at 180°C
● Grease a spring cake tin and pour the batter into it. Bake for 30-40 minutes
● Remove from the oven and slide off the cake from the spring tin.
● Heat the sugar on low heat till it’s caramelised
Remove from heat and add butter and cream. Stir well. And add cognac.
● Serve the warm cake with delicious caramel sauce
The author owns the Moti Mahal chain of restaurants. monishgujral.com