Samsung Takes Gaming to the Next Level With GamePad
By Anupika Khare | Net Desk | Published: 17th December 2013 12:46 PM |
Samsung has stepped into the gaming world after introducing its much-rumored gaming pad. At present, the GamePad is available in European markets only and soon it will launch in other markets.
‘Smartphone GamPad’ name gives away the use of the pad. This gadget can be connected to all the Android 4.1 smartphones and make the gaming experience more fun.
The South Korean Company launched its GamePad after Apple began allowing third-party gamepads on the iPhone with iOS7.
The ‘Smartphone GamePad’ uses a Bluetooth connection to link up with a smartphone. But, all the smartphones which are powered by Android 4.3 enjoy more features, including NFC connect support.
Here is a list of features of the new ‘Smartphone GamePad’
- The device weighs in at 195g and has an eight-way D-Pad, two analog sticks and four actions along with two triggers.
- The GamePad comes along with an application called ‘The Mobile Console app’ with the help of which the users will be able browse and buy some supported games.
- The GamePad will mostly support all the Android smartphones, but the feature such as ‘Play’ switch is especially for Samsung Galaxy family.
- Samsung Galaxy device owners can attach their phones up to the TV using an HDMI cable or mirroring apps like AllShare and then they can have home console experience using the GamePad.
- The new controller has an eight-way D-pad, two analog joysticks, four action buttons and two trigger buttons along with select and start button.
At present the gadget is available in selected countries in Europe, although the price of the gadget has not been revealed as of now. The console is expected to arrive soon.