Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, a Round-Up
By Soumya Samal | Net Desk | Published: 02nd January 2014 07:42 PM |
This 10-inch note tablet has visual updates similar to Samsung Galaxy Note 3. However, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, offers much more, when it comes to web browsing or watching movies. The glossy rear does not exist anymore, as it has been replaced by a leather effect panel. Around the edges, there is a volume and power button, stereo speakers on both side and a 3.5mm headphone jack. There is also a microSD card slot, provided for further addition to the 16GB of internal storage.
- The device comes with a WQXGA resolution (2560x1600). The previous model had a 1,280x800-pixel display. This indicates a significant improvement.
- The Magazine Screen Look, also enables the user to a menu screen of his/her choice by pinning the most frequently used apps, video files, websites etc to the screen.
- The S Pen Stylus that comes with the device, is specifically designed for the screen. The Stylus enables the user to take quick notes on the slate. It offers five features or options to the user; Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Writer, S Finder and Pen Window.
- WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), BT4.0
- Android4.3 (JB)
- Google+, Hangout, ChatON
- 3GB RAM, 16/32/64GB microSD up to 64GB
- 8M w/ LED Flash + 2M Full HD
- Google Play, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps
- A-GPS(3G version); S-GPS(WiFi version)
- A large number of pixels (2560x1600) packed with, a powerful processor, Android 4.3 OS and the stylus for taking notes and sketching make for a great combination.
- The icons, text and high resolution pictures have a sharp and neat look.
- Once the stylus is detached from the device, a wheel appears on the screen that enables the user to write a phone number, email address or a search term in a box.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, is compatible with the Samsung's Galaxy Gear smart watch.
- There isn’t anything extraordinary, as far as the design is concerned. The back panel has an odd look and the pattern resembles leather.
- At £399 (Rs 41084.37), the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition does not come cheap.