NEW DELHI: A fire broke out Monday evening at the cotton market in Delhi's Sadar Bazar, fire department officials said. There was no report of any casualty.
The fire broke out on the first floor of a three-storey building that houses cloth and cotton shops.
At least five shops were gutted in the fire, police said, adding that electrical short circuit may have caused the blaze.
Twenty fire tenders were pressed into service after a call was received from the Rui Mandi around 6 p.m., said officials from the Delhi Fire Service.
The fire tenders took around three hours to control the blaze.