Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal's close aide Asadullah Akhtar had discussed plans to execute the September 13, 2008 serial blasts in the city with Mohd Atif Ameen, who was subsequently killed in the Batla House encounter, Delhi Police today told a court.
The special cell of Delhi Police told the court that as per the forensic report, Akhtar's voice sample has matched with the intercepted calls of the telephonic conversations between him and Ameen on September 7 and 8, 2008.
In the September 19, 2008 Batla House encounter, Ameen was shot dead while Delhi Police Inspector M C Sharma had also died in the gunbattle.
"The result of the same has been received and as per result, the sample voice of Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi has been matched with already intercepted voice calls," the police said while seeking time till April 3 to conclude their probe against Bhatkal and Akhtar in a 2008 serial blasts case.
Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash allowed the plea of the police while dismissing the bail plea of Bhatkal and Akhtar.
Both the accused, who are presently in Mumbai under the custody of Maharashta ATS for their alleged roles in the cases lodged against them there, moved the application seeking statutory bail.
In their bail plea, filed through advocate M S Khan, Bhatkal and Akhtar said there was no provision to extend the period of investigation without the production of accused before the court and as the charge sheet has not been filed yet, they should be granted bail.
The special cell, in their plea seeking extension of time to conclude the probe in a case of bomb blast at Karol Bagh here in which 21 people had died and 64 were injured, said they have also received input about one of the wanted accused.
"The operation to apprehend accused Ariz Khan alias Junaid is underway and teams are already in the field to trace and apprehend him in present case.
"Further, one more suspect involved in this case has been detected in west Asian country and necessary action is being carried out for his extradition/deportation," the police said.
13 suspected members of IM are facing trial in the cases of September 2008 Delhi serial blasts that had claimed 26 lives and left 135 people injured.
Bhatkal and Akhtar were arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Indo-Nepal border on the night of August 28 last year.
Delhi Police had arrested them in connection with the case of bomb blast at Karol Bagh market here on September 13, 2008.
Five cases were lodged in connection with the blasts at Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh, Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place, M-Block Market in Greater Kailash and recovery of a bomb near India Gate.
All the five cases were clubbed by the trial court for the purpose of framing of charges and trial, saying "they arise from the series of same transaction".
The 13 accused facing trial in the case are Mohd Shakeel, Mohd Saif, Zeeshan Ahmed, Zia-ur-Rehman, Saquib Nisar, Mohd Sadique, Kayamuddin Kapadia, Mohd Hakim, Mohd Mansoor Ashgar Peerbhoy, Mubin Kadar Sheikh, Asif Bashiruddin, Mohd Akbar Ismail Chaudhary and Shahzad Ahmed.