People across the world geared up to focus on the US elections. Newsrooms, reporters, the common man - everybody had their sights set on how the drama unfolds in the US.
But post 8 pm, the election drama was all but forgotten as Narendra Modi made a major announcement that Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes would cease to be legal tender from midnight.
Before the nation could fully comprehend the import of the move, quick-witted netizens reacted with humour. Here's a look at some of the most hilarious memes and tweets they came up with.
1) Viru Paaji is so right, isn't he?
2) PayTm already has a ready solution:
3) How many of us have gone asking for 100 bucks change and been denied it already?
4) Aunties in town, do listen up!
5) Now we know the value of centuries
7) That feeling of getting an eclair in return
8) Getting hitched tomorrow?
9) Fashionable uses of the newly illegal money
10) If you are still awake after midnight, we probably know why!