Fire breaks out in building illegally hoarding inflammable goods in Kolkata

Four fire tenders were pressed into service to tackle the blaze on the first floor of the building in south Kolkata\'s Bosepukur.

Published: 24th September 2016 04:40 PM  |   Last Updated: 24th September 2016 05:29 PM   |  A+A-

By IANS

KOLKATA: A fire broke out in a two-storey building here that was being used to illegally hoard highly inflammable products, a fire department official said on Saturday. No injuries were reported.

Four fire tenders were pressed into service to tackle the blaze on the first floor of the building in south Kolkata's Bosepukur.

"The fire broke out due to a short circuit. The building was used for illegal hoarding of highly inflammable products," said the official.

The fire was brought under control after two hours.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp