Woman kills self after gangrape in Rajasthan

In a suicide note recovered from her room, the woman alleged that she was raped by a man, who lives in the same village, and his friend.

Published: 08th August 2017 08:19 PM  |   Last Updated: 08th August 2017 08:19 PM   |  A+A-


BUNDI: A 19-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging at her house after being raped by two men, in Talera village here, the police said today.     

The woman was yesterday found hanging from a ceiling fan at her house, SHO at Talera police station, Jitendra Singh said.     

In a suicide note recovered from her room, the woman alleged that she was raped by a man, who lives in the same village, and his friend, he said.     

Asif, a resident of Railway station area of the village, took her to his home on August 5 on pretext of having tea where she fainted after having the drink and later, on gaining consciousness, she found herself at Kota railway station.   

The two men then raped her multiple times at the station and on Sunday evening left her near Talera railway station.     

"I am committing suicide after getting hurt," the victim wrote in the suicide note.     On the basis of the note, a case on the charges of rape and abetment of suicide was registered against Asif and his friend, the SHO said.     

The parents of the woman had not informed police about the incident. They took her to the village community health centre and after she was declared dead, they brought the body home for last rites, he said.     

The health centre authorities informed the police of suicide by the girl following which the police reached her home and recovered the body, the SHO said.     

The family members even refused for postmortem but since the matter was related to a suspected rape and suicide case, the postmortem was carried out by a medical board.     

The two accused have not been arrested so far as the investigation into the matter is underway, the officer said, adding the suicide note would be sent to a forensic lab for handwriting match.     

The case has been handed over to a deputy superintendent of police for further investigation.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp