Eight-month-old boy dies after swallowing balloon in Maharashtra's Nashik

An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon here, a police official said today.

Published: 11th August 2017 12:49 PM  |   Last Updated: 11th August 2017 03:25 PM   |  A+A-

For representational purposes (File | AP)

By PTI

NASHIK: An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon here, a police official said today.

The infant was playing in his house at Hanuman Nagar in the city's Cidco locality yesterday when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it, an official at Ambad police station said.

The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital. The authorities there suggested the boy's father to shift him to the civil hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said.

After the child swallowed the balloon, it slipped into his wind pipe and he died of suffocation, Dr Anand Pawar, the medical officer of Nashik civil hospital, said.

The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, the police official said.

The child's father hails from Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. He worked as a labourer in Nashik where he was staying with his family, he added.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp