Woman, three daughters burnt to death in Uttar Pradesh house fire

The house caught fire due to an electrical short-circuit, the district magistrate said.

Published: 12th August 2017 02:49 PM  |   Last Updated: 12th August 2017 02:49 PM   |  A+A-

image for representation only.

By PTI

JAUNPUR: A woman and her three daughters were burnt to death, when their house caught fire due to an electrical short-circuit, an official said today.

"The incident took place at around 12.30 am in Daudpur village of Barsathi area of district," district magistrate of Jaunpur Sarvagyaram Mishra said.

"Kusum (28) and her three daughters Anjali (7), Anshika (5) and Aayushi (2) were sleeping, when the short circuit took place leading to a fire in the house," the district magistrate said.

Police said all the bodies have been sent for post- mortem.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

FIFA-World-Cup-2018