McDonalds, the popular international fast food chain, is facing a complaint about dismal food safety standards after a customer found a dead lizard in her french fries at a Kolkata franchise.
According to a report published by the Times of India, a Kolkata resident Priyanka Moitra, took her daughter out to a McDonald's outlet for a meal. They ordered french fries, and her daughter found a "deep fried lizard" inside the french fries container.
Moitra, who is six months pregnant, panicked and reported the incident. But the restaurant manager reportedly brushed aside the incident. "When I told the restaurant manager about the incident, he showed a careless attitude and left with just a 'sorry'," Priyanka was quoted as saying by the news website.
After taking a picture of the McDonalds fries with the lizard in it, Moitra reported the incident to the police and filed an FIR against the outlet.
Priyanka's husband also tried approaching the management of McDonald's to get an explanation, but was reportedly stonewalled.