Minor fire breaks out in restaurant near Kolkata municipal corporation headquarters

A fire broke out in a restaurant in New Market area close to the Kolkata Municipal Corporation head office in the city this morning.

Published: 09th November 2017 11:56 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th November 2017 11:59 AM   |  A+A-

Image for representational purpose only.

By PTI

KOLKATA: A fire broke out in a restaurant in New Market area close to the Kolkata Municipal Corporation head office in the city this morning.

"Three fire tenders rushed to the spot soon after the fire was reported at 10.25 am. Apparently, the cause of the fire is due to explosion of a cooking gas cylinder," a Fire department official said.

Details would be known after a detailed investigation, they said adding that the fire is now under control and there was no report of any casualty. 

 

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

facebook twitter whatsapp