Fire at Kolkata medical college, no casualties

There was a minor fire on the third floor of Rammohan Block around 5 p.m. However, the blaze was doused without any difficulty, officials said.

Published: 01st February 2018 10:27 PM  |   Last Updated: 01st February 2018 10:27 PM   |  A+A-

Image used for representational purpose.

By IANS

KOLKATA: A minor fire broke out at the state-run Calcutta National Medical College in Kolkata's Beniapukur area on Thursday evening, with no one injured in the blaze, a fire official said.

"There was a minor fire on the third floor of Rammohan Block around 5 p.m. However, the blaze was doused without any difficulty," an official from the city fire brigade headquarters said.

Three fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the fire.

"A short circuit in electrical wiring in the building caused the fire. It has since been fixed," the official added.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

Asian Games 2018