Maharashtra: Over 100 take ill after eating 'Gajar Ka Halwa' at a wedding ceremony in Palgarh

In a suspected case of 'food poisoning', around 105 persons were taken ill after they consumed a sweet at a marriage ceremony in Palgarh.

Published: 19th February 2018 11:09 AM  |   Last Updated: 19th February 2018 11:09 AM   |  A+A-

Image used for representational purpose.

By PTI

PALGARH: In a suspected case of 'food poisoning', around 105 persons were taken ill after they consumed a sweet at a marriage ceremony here, police said today.

These persons had visited the wedding ceremony yesterday and ate 'Gajar Ka Halwa' (a sweet made of carrots).

After eating the sweet, they complained of giddiness, nausea following which they were rushed to various hospitals at Palghar and Safala, a senior police official said.

All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged, he said, adding the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination.

No case has been registered so far, the officer said, adding a probe was on.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

Asian Games 2018