70,000 candidates whose applications were rejected by railways set to get second chance

Officials realised that out of the 48 lakh applications received by railways for the 26,500 posts of assistant loco pilots and technicians, 1.33 lakh were found to be ineligible for varied reasons.

Published: 18th July 2018 06:43 PM  |   Last Updated: 18th July 2018 06:43 PM   |  A+A-

indian railways

Representational image. | File Photo

By PTI

NEW DELHI: The railways has decided to give a second chance to 70,000 candidates, whose job applications were rejected due to faulty upload of photos, by giving them a window of three days to rectify their mistakes, a spokesperson of the ministry said today.

While scrutinising the applications, officials realised that out of the 48 lakh applications received by railways for the 26,500 posts of assistant loco pilots and technicians, 1.33 lakh were found to be ineligible for varied reasons.

"We realised that among the total applications that were found ineligible, around 1. 27 lakh candidates were found ineligible for invalid pictures. We decided to look at those applications again and give them a second chance."

"Out of the 1.27 lakh people, now, 70,000 have been asked to make the changes in the pictures and upload them again," said Rajesh Dutt Bajpai, Director Information and Publicity, Railway Board.

The railways has given candidates three days -- July 18-July 20 -- to rectify their mistakes and upload their pictures on the railway recruitment board site.

Sources say that applications of another 57,000 candidates were internally reviewed and re-considered, without any need for changes from applicants' side.

Out of the total applications found ineligible, only 7,000 applications were rejected because of earlier cases of cheating or any other reasons for which they were barred from appearing from railway exams.

The 70,000 applicants, who were given a second chance, were sent emails and messages, asking them to rectify their mistakes.

Bajpai also said a similar process would be followed for other posts advertised by the railways earlier this year, giving candidates second chance.

The Indian Railways will fill up over one lakh vacant posts by March-April next year.

The railways received around 2.27 crore applications for about 1.10 lakh vacancies it had advertised.

The examination for the posts, including those in the Railway Protection Force, would be conducted in the months of September, October and November this year.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

facebook twitter whatsapp