RANCHI: Three labourers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a well in Jharkhand's Jamtara district on Tuesday.
According to Police, the three labourers went inside the well one after another and died after inhaling the poisonous gas. The victims have been identified as Naushad Ansari, Abdul Razak and Sharif Ansari.
According to Police, Naushad was the first to go down into the well to clean it. He failed to respond to the call of the other labourers. Then Razak went down and he also became unconscious.
When both did not respond then Sharif went inside the well. Sharif also came in contact with the poisonous gas and died.
The villagers gathered near the well raised a hue and cry. All the three could be brought out of the well only after four hours. They were taken to a local hospital where the doctors declared them brought dead.