22 children fall ill after eating roadside food in Bihar

The children, residents of Bagdiha village in the district, fell sick after consuming 'chowmein' and 'chhole batore'.

Published: 02nd September 2018 08:10 PM  |   Last Updated: 02nd September 2018 08:10 PM   |  A+A-

EPS file image of an ambulance used for representational purpose only.


CHAPRA: As many as 22 children had taken ill due to food poisoning at Bihar's Saran district, around 17km from here, police said Sunday.

The children, residents of Bagdiha village in the district, fell sick after consuming 'chowmein' and 'chhole batore' from a roadside eatery Saturday, Superintendent of Police Har Kishore Rai said.

"All 22 of them were taken to Panapur primary health centre (PHC) in the district after they vomited and complained of nausea," he said.

PHC in-charge J A Goswami, who treated the children, said they were out of danger.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp