Land takeover for Jewar international airport begins

The district administration in a letter to the Authority has asked it to take over 648.37 ha of land for the proposed airport.

Published: 02nd August 2019 05:59 AM  |   Last Updated: 02nd August 2019 09:04 AM   |  A+A-

Jewar airport will be double the size of Indira Gandhi International Airport| file Photo

Express News Service

NOIDA: The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) on Thursday started the takeover process for the property earmarked for Jewar international airport in Gautam Buddh Nagar.

The district administration in a letter to the Authority has asked it to take over 648.37 ha of land for the proposed airport.

A total of 1,334 ha of land has to be acquired for the first phase of the airport.“So far Rs 1604.62 crore has been distributed to landowners in lieu of land acquired from them for the airport project. This is 50.67% of the total compensation to be given to farmers. The compensation constitutes the land price and rehabilitation and resettlement (R&R) benefits,” explained Shailendra Bhatia, an officer on special duty (OSD), YEIDA, who is also the nodal officer for Noida International Airport Limited.

Out of the total 8,971 families under the rehabilitation and resettlement process, 1,334 have been rehabilitated and applications of 1,667 families are pending the approval of the Meerut Commissioner, Bhatia added.

“I have set up a committee of six land officials for each of the six villages of Banwaribas, Ramner, Parohi, Rohi, Ranhera and Dayanatpur,” Arunvir Singh, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) YEIDA and NIAL said.

As per officials, 80% of the land to be acquired for the first phase of the project does not have any habitation. The remaining 20% is a part of inhabited village areas.  A 50-hectare plot on Aligarh road has been identified for the relocation of families from the six villages.

The first phase of the airport is to be developed on a straight horizontal patch, perpendicular to the Yamuna Expressway.

The airport will be 5.8 km ahead of the Jewar toll plaza while arriving from Delhi or Noida.

The development work at Jewar is expected to commence in 2020 and the first phase will be completed by 2023.

Stay up to date on all the latest Nation news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments(1)

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

  • Gaurav Gurjar

    Vandana ji Thanks for Update.
    2 months ago reply
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp