embers of Muzaffarnagar’s fire never really died down because the state government was seen as an instigator, not a healer. The ugliness of the confrontation peaked when the BJP’s flag-bearer in UP, A...
It is nobody’s loss if prakash Karat and his violence-prone comrades become mere footnotes in history. But in an India that is desperately in need of a third alternative, the collapse of the Left will...
BJP’s reconciliation with Yeddyurappa was prompted by his winnability in his community. The Congress kept a symbol of venality, Suresh Kalmadi, in the forefront till the last moment. It still could no...
- When All Hell Broke Loose Over an Elephant of the U Caste: Memories of a Lost India 09 Mar 2014
- Opportunists Know Which Ships to Desert, And Which to Enter for Available Crumps 02 Mar 2014
- Linguism: Nehru, Patel, Rajaji Were Ignored, Feroze Gandhi's Words Have Gone Waste 23 Feb 2014
- People Who Shame the Country Become Heroes at Home. What’s This Democracy Worth? 16 Feb 2014
- Other Countries Do Something About Racism; Our Indifference Grievously Harms India 09 Feb 2014
- China Beats Us in the Corruption Game, But a New Crackdown is On. What’s It About? 02 Feb 2014
- The Shashi Tharoor Case Reminds Us Again That Politics Seriously Diminishes People 26 Jan 2014
- If AAP Fails, Another Will Take Its Place Because Old Parties Have Betrayed India 19 Jan 2014
- In Mumbai, Himachal and Karnataka, Rahul is Subverted by His Own People. What's Up? 12 Jan 2014
- Time Was When We Could Celebrate With Fun; Today Even New Year Has a Price Tag 06 Jan 2014