Live Wire Kills Housewife

Published: 01st September 2014 07:09 AM  |   Last Updated: 01st September 2014 07:09 AM   |  A+A-

SRIKAKULAM: A woman was electrocuted Sunday at her house in Kothapeta near Srikakulam. Marri Rohini (35), stepped on a snapped live electricity wire while going to the bathroom in her house in the morning.

She died on the spot. While trying to save his wife, Simhachalam was grievously injured and was rushed to RIMS in Srikakulam. The couple migrated to Kothapeta from a village in Narasannapeta mandal for their livelihood. Both had been working in a rice mill in Killipalem village. Srikakulam rural police registered a case and are investigating.

Stay up to date on all the latest Andhra Pradesh news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp